The trials, tribulations and occasionally utter futility of growing flowers, fruit and vegetables.
Wednesday, 23 August 2017
This year has been one of projects. We decided to try a pond, starting with a couple of low tech bowl ponds.
While these were successful in attracting insects and frogs, the nearby vegetation caused problems and we then decided to embark on a bigger pond.
Here it is largely dug out, we put it in an area which had been full of nettles which we killed and dug out.
We have used pondliner, a cheap and adaptable way to create a pond. It is part filled, so the next step is to move in some plants, especially oxygenating plants so the newts, toads and frogs can breed next year.