Tuesday, 15 June 2010

Yellow Flowers and Mystery Potato Disease

It's funny how flowers come in waves of colour - while I'm waiting for the creams and pinks of the roses to show, for now we have yellow flowers, starting with this poppy.
On the vegetable plot, a few of my potato plants are affected by these stunted, curled leaves. I suspect it may be a virus, but have never seen it before. Anyone know what it is? The rest of the plants are healthy and growing well.
The first broad beans are now set at the bottom of the plants, but the beans are still growing upwards and putting out more flowers.
And my tall peas are now 4 1/2 feet high, with the first flowers showing. I'm looking forward to my favourite summer meal - pea risotto.
And another yellow flower - irises are blooming in the damp places round here. Happy gardening!
Post a Comment