Thursday, 1 October 2009

Introducing Eeny, Meeny, Miny and Mo

Don't know why, but the names Eeny, Meeny, Miny and Mo just came to mind when I looked at these pumpkins! The plants had finally keeled over, so I lifted the remaining three pumpkins today. This picture was taken in the late afternoon sun and taking it reminded that there will be no more direct sun in this window until April now. As the sun sinks lower in the sky for winter, my house gets darker. Autumn definitely here, winter on the way, but I will have plenty of pumpkins to warm me!
You may recall in an earlier post that I discovered I had a mouse visiting my shed and eating my pea seeds. Well, once I removed the peas it moved on to eating some old coriander seed. Clearly it was yummy as it's all gone, but the mouse has now become dissatisfied with the fare provided and moved on to devouring my kneeling pad. Note the lovely frilly edge it has acquired! Well in another autumn ritual - The Tidying of the Shed - I found the place it has been getting in and stopped it up as best I could. Unfortunately the whole of the bottom plank at the back of the shed is rotten so it may find its way in again. Another job to put on my list for next year...
Lots more raspberries, more to come. I also finished weeding the strawberry patch, one month after I started!
My busy lizzies and lobelia are still going strong four months on! Good value for money...

Post a Comment