Friday, 8 May 2009

Woodruff and Geraniums

A cold, windy day today with heavy rain this morning.  Since I am really rather a coward, I decided not to get out gardening this afternoon but stay inside in the warm instead.  Soft.  You wouldn't think I had trudged through deep snow in temperatures of -6C in the winter.

Hope to spend a lot of time on the vegetables this weekend, but in the meantime, here are a few flowers.

Woodruff - ground cover plant, quite pretty though I have to keep it under control.  It's also used as a medicinal herb for certain things which escape me at the moment, so I have a bunch drying at present.
Pink geraniums and bluebells (spanish I'm afraid).  I'm hoping to get out to the bluebell wood this week, but for now, you'll have to make do with the foreign bluebells.  I inherited them and the pink geraniums - they're almost like a wild flower, need no care except a little feeding.

Mayflower - this is a wild flower which is everywhere at the moment.  I took a picture of this clump on my regular walk to the post office a couple of days ago - nearby there is a big drift of them in an ungrazed field - very pretty.

Post a Comment