Saturday, 25 April 2009

Cherry Blossom Time!

The flowering cherries have just come out - they only last a few days but they are glorious.

Today I had a look at the peas under their cover - you may be able to see from the photo that there should be two rows but there are some gaps in one row.  
The gaps were in the seed that I didn't use last year - so in future I will use all the seed each year.  I have reseeded in the gaps, using up the last of this year's seed.  They are growing well, though, and fast now under their cover.

A couple of weeks ago I wrote about trying out copper tape to prevent slug attacks - you run it round the top of the pot and the theory is they can't cross it.  Well it worked - the slugs and snails are about now and there are no holes in the leaves - behold!  
Such a simple and cheap solution - I have loads of it left so I might now try to grow other plants in pots which slugs find very tasty.  I have a hankering for delphiniums...
Post a Comment